1. Legislations that relate to the handling of information in health and social care are:
The Human Rights Act 1998
The Data Protection Act 1998
Codes of practice that relate to the handling of information in health and social care are:
Codes of Practice – set out by Skills for care
2. The main points of the data protection act are:
1. Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless- 1. at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and
2. in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met. 2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6. About the rights of individuals e.g. personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects (individuals).
7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Promote Good Practice in Handling Information
1.1- IDENTIFY LEGISLATION AND CODES OF PRACTICE THAT RELATE TO HANDLING INFORMATION IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
The Data Protection Act 1998 (2000). This Act gives the individual, the right to see recorded information about them.
The Human Rights Act 1998 details the right to a private...
- Informed Consent
Informed consent is a phrase often used in law to indicate that the consent a person gives meets certain minimum standards. As a literal matter, in the absence of fraud, it is redundant. An informed consent can be said to have been given based upon a clear appreciation and understanding of the facts,...
- Handling of Information in Social Care Settings
Legislation that relates to recording, storage and sharing of information in social care are as follows Data protection act 1998. This is how information about individuals is used. This covers eight principles under which personal data must be protected and collected. DPA says that service user information...
- Health Safety and Security
Outline how legislation, policies and procedures relating to health, safety and security influence health and social care settings. M1: Describe how health and safety legislation, policies and procedures promote the safety of individuals in a health or social care setting. Within health and social care...
- Handling Information
QUESTION- ( 1.1 )
Identify legislations and codes of practice that relate to handling information in health and social care
In order to answer the question above I am going to explain the meaning of Legislations:
Definition of the word Legislations.
1) An officially elected or otherwise...
- Duty of Care
This unit will look at the importance of ‘Duty of Care' within the health and social care area. It will aid in helping to identify standards of care required by carers and the actions needed to be implemented in order to maintain high quality care.
The courts have identified what standards of...
- Promote Good Practice in Handling Information in Health
1. Understand requirements for handling information in health and social care settings
1.1 Identify legislation and codes of practice that relate to handling information in health and social care
There are several legislations and codes of practice that relates to handling information. Data protection Act...
- How to Handle Information
1.1 Identify legislation and codes of practice that relate to handling information in social care settings
Data Protection Act 1998 – it gives rights to individuals in respect of personal data held about them.
Freedom of Information Act 2000 – it gives you the right to ask any public sector organisation...
- Summarise Key Aspects of Legislation
1 Summarise key aspects of legislation, regulatory requirements and codes of practice relating to own role and responsibilities
As a trainer I would need to understand my own roles and responsibilities, with a necessity to understand the key aspects of legislation, regulations and codes of practice. As a...